Miller Engineering has been involved with commercial and industrial design projects since our start in 1992. Design services include:
- Site design and engineering
- Water Treatment Design
- Wastewater Treatment Design
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment Design
- Water and Wastewater Permitting
Miller Engineering has been involved with several unique projects and industries in the course of our history. These include: (1) the sugar cane industry in South Florida; (2) ethanol industry; and (3) the thoroughbred horse industry in Florida.
Sugar Cane Industry
Miller Engineering has been involved with the sugar cane industry in Florida since our inception in 1992. We have worked with several of the main sugar cane mills and producers in Florida and we maintain a loyal commitment to this industry.
- Site design
- Industrial wastewater treatment design and permitting
- Water and wastewater systems design and permitting
- Water supply
- Environmental permitting
Miller Engineering has brought its sugar industry experience to the burgeoning ethanol industry in Florida. We have participated in permitting, design and construction of ethanol and waste-to-energy fermentation facilities in Florida.
Southeast Renewable Fuels, LLC has placed us on their team to develop the first Sorghum to ethanol production facility in Florida. We have designed and received all environmental permits necessary for construction and operation of the facility.
- Overall site design and permitting for the ethanol facility.
- Water Supply - Designed and permitted use of onsite supply wells to furnish necessary potable and process water requirements as
well as irrigation needs.
- Vinasse treatment design and permitting - Developed unique 2-stage anaerobic treatment system that cost-effectively meets
agency requirements using Anaerobic process system followed by additional land application treatment
- Potable water systems - Designed and permitted reverse osmosis water treatment systems, storage and other treatment
requirements for potable and process water requirements.
- Wastewater systems - onsite wastewater treatment plant and collection system
Thoroughbred horse facilities
Miller Engineering has been involved in several large-scale equestrian horse projects. Below are samples of recent projects.
- Gulfstream Park Redevelopment - $1B redevelopment of the historic Gulfstream Park Racetrack facility in Hallandale Florida.
Miller Engineering provided turnkey services to design, permit and construct an onsite irrigation water supply and treatment system (500,000 gal per day) for the new track and grounds. The automated system treats brackish water using reverse osmosis technology and post-treatment chemical adjustment for optimum water quality. First of its kind ever done in Broward County Florida. Unique
design and permitting of the reject water disposal was cost-effective and unobtrusive.
- Palm Meadows Thoroughbred Training facility - New facility to house and train up to 1500 thoroughbred horses which utilized
unique Tunnel Composting technology to treat and dispose of the horse waste material. Miller Engineering was responsible for all environmental permits necessary for the facility.
Commercial Site Planning and Design
Are you developing a commercial property and need an experienced civil engineer to handle the site layout and design. We have extensive experience with commercial development and realize that cost-effective design is important. We use state of the art CADD technology, including the latest 3D civil design programs to insure that you receive the best service and quality with your development.