Glen A. Miller, P.E. Personal resume
Senior Civil and Process Engineer Engineering Registration: FL (#39242), VA, NJ Certified General Contractor: FL (CGC1508978)
Mr. Miller is a professional civil engineer with over 34 years of practicing professional experience and currently president of Miller Engineering, a civil engineering consulting and general contracting firm. Mr. Miller has served as principal engineer, engineer of record and construction Manager on numerous large and small civil engineering projects. Mr. Miller is a registered professional engineer in several states and has extensive experience on projects throughout Florida and the United States.
Membrane Treatment Systems
Mr. Miller has extensive experience with the planning, design, permitting and construction of membrane water treatment systems. Systems have ranged in size from 100,000 gpd up to 5.6 mgd systems. Mr. Miller, in conjunction with the membrane systems has extensive experience permitting all aspects of the system, including the industrial permitting for concentrate disposal.
Water and Wastewater Treatment
Mr. Miller has successfully planned, permitted, designed and managed construction on water and wastewater treatment facilities ranging in size from under 1.0 mgd up to 120 mgd. Mr. Miller has extensive process design experience and has performed preliminary and final design to improve and upgrade treatment results. Mr. Miller has functioned as chief design engineer on all major treatment processes of water and wastewater plant design, instrumentation, stormwater and site functions.
Mr. Miller has also worked extensively with the Sugar industry in Florida. Experience includes the permitting, design and construction of civil works (projects involving canals, water impoundments, dikes, treatment systems and other facilities) as well as water and wastewater treatment systems. These works and facilities involve large land areas of earthwork construction to construct treatment systems in a cost-effective manner.
Industrial Wastewater Treatment
Mr. Miller has experience with design and permitting of Co-generation, Waste-to-energy and ethanol production facilities. These facilities also included extensive industrial wastewater permitting.
Mr. Miller has extensive construction management experience and has served as overall construction manager on numerous treatment process projects ranging from $3 million up to $65 million in constructed cost. Projects have included managing multi prime and fast tracked design/build projects.
Mr. Miller has extensive experience working with local, state and federal governmental agencies. Mr. Miller's permitting experience includes obtaining permits from FDEP, SFWMD, SJRWMD, SWFWMD, US Army COE, USEPA, FDNR and several Florida counties.
Mr. Miller has been involved in several value engineering efforts on major projects which have saved clients millions of dollars. Extensive design and construction experience has enabled Mr. Miller to review preliminary and final plans and even make changes during construction for cost savings which do not lessen project quality or function.
- CH2M HILL, INC. (12 YEARS) SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, DEPARTMENT MANAGER WATER AND WASTEWATER, GENERAL CIVIL.
- KIMLEY-HORN (3 YEARS) SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, WATER AND WASTEWATER PROJECTS.
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, CIVIL ENGINEERING 1977 BUCKNELL UNIVERSITY MAGNA CUM LAUDE.
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION 1983 UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, MAGNA CUM LAUDE.
- AMERICAN WATER WORKS ASSOCIATION (AWWA)
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS (ASCE)
SELECTED PROJECT EXPERIENCE
- ASPRING ETHANOL FACILITY - HENDRY CO., FL - DESIGN AND PERMITTING OF 20 MGY SWEET SORGHUM ETHANOL PROCESSING AND CO-GENERATION FACILITY.
- SUGAR CANE GROWERS COOP - BELLE GLADE, FL - DESIGN, PERMITTING AND CONSTRUCTION OF NEW 600,000 GPD POTABLE WATER SUPPLY AND TREATMENT PLANT.
- OSCEOLA FARMS CO. - PAHOKEE, FL - ENGINEER OF RECORD FOR 55 MGD INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER PERMITTING AND DESIGN OF ONSITE TREATMENT SYSTEMS SINCE 1993. VARIOUS OTHER CIVIL CANAL AND PUMP STATION PROJECTS.
- CAPE MAY, NJ - PROJECT MANAGER FOR DESIGN OF 40 MGD NEW WASTEWATER TREATMENT FACILITY.
- OCEAN CITY, NJ - PROJECT MANAGER FOR DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF 20 MGD EXPANSION OF WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT.
- MILWAUKEE, WI - ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER FOR DESIGN OF 200 MGD EXPANSION TO LARGEST ACTIVATED SLUDGE WWTP.
- AUTEC - ANDROS, BAHAMAS - CONSULTING AND MODIFICATIONS FOR THE DESALINATION PLANT.
- AUTEC - ANDROS, BAHAMAS - CONSULTING AND MODIFICATIONS FOR THE 100,000 GPD WASTEWATER PLANT.
- OSCEOLA FARMS CO. PAHOKEE, FL - PERMITTING, DESIGN AND SERVICES DURING CONSTRUCTION FOR NEW 100,000 TONS SUGAR WAREHOUSE FACILITIY. PROJECT INCLUDED EXTENSIVE FOUNDATION DEMUCKING CONTRACT UNDER 285,000 SF AREA.
- ATLANTIC SUGAR ASSOC. - BELLE GLADE, FL - ENGINEER OF RECORD FOR 72 MGD INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER PERMITTING AND DESIGN OF ONSITE TREATMENT SYSTEMS SINCE 1993. VARIOUS OTHER CIVIL CANAL AND PUMP STATION PROJECTS. PROJECTS INCLUDED MAJOR EARTHWORK PROJECTS, CANALS AND PUMPSTATIONS TO TREAT MILL WASTE.
- FAITH FARM - BOYNTON BEACH, FL - PERMITTING, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF THE DOMESTIC WTP.
- FAITH FARM - BOYNTON BEACH, FL - PERMITTING AND DESIGN MODIFICATIONS FOR THE DOMESTIC WWTP.
- OKEELANTA SUGAR CORP. - SOUTH BAY, FL - ENGINEER OF RECORD FOR 85 MGD INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER PERMITTING AND DESIGN OF ONSITE TREATMENT SYSTEMS SINCE 1993. VARIOUS OTHER CIVIL CANAL AND PUMP STATION PROJECTS.
- THE BREAKERS GOLF COURSE WATER SUPPLY AND TREATMENT SYSTEM, PALM BEACH, FL - PLANNING, PERMITTING, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF 400,000 GPD RO SYSTEM, DEEP WELL AND CONCENTRATE DISPOSAL FOR GOLF COURSE IRRIGATION.
- BRYANT VILLAGE WWTP, PAHOKEE, FL - PROJECT MANAGER FOR PREPARATION OF O&M REPORT AND SEPARATE INDUSTRIAL PERMIT ISSUES RELATED TO WASTEWATER EFFLUENT DISPOSAL.
- CLASSIFIED CLIENT, CLEWISTON, FL - SAMPLING AND REPORT ON CANAL PHOSPOROUS LEVELS.
- CLEWISTON UTILITIES, CLEWISTON, FL - PREPARATION OF A COMPREHENSIVE WATER SUPPLY AND TREATMENT REPORT EVALUATING THE FEASIBILITY OF DEVELOPING A GROUNDWATER SOURCE AND MEMBRANE TREATMENT SYSTEM FOR THE CITY.
- DIXIE PARK WWTP, PORT SALERNO, FL - PROJECT MANAGER FOR DESIGN OF EXPANSION OF THE COUNTY'S EXISTING FACILITY. EXTENSIVE COST ANALYSIS AND BUDGETING TO MEET TIGHT CONSTRAINTS.
- DIXIE PARK WASTEWATER PLANT, PORT SALERNO, FL - PROJECT MANAGER FOR PRELIMINARY DESIGN OF EXPANSION OF THE COUNTY'S EXISTING ACTIVATED SLUDGE PLANT. PROJECT INCLUDED EVALUATION OF CHRONIC AERATION PROBLEMS AND RECOMMENDATION OF OTHER IMPROVEMENTS TO IMPROVE PLANT PERFORMANCE. PROJECT ALSO INVOLVED RESOLVING PERMIT ISSUES WITH THE SFWMD AND THE FDEP.
- EVERGLADES CLUB IRRIGATION WATER SYSTEM, PALM BEACH, FL - 600,000 GPD REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER SYSTEM TO SUPPLY TREATED WATER FOR GOLF COURSE IRRIGATION. PLANNING, PERMITTING, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION.
- FOX RUN WTP, MARTIN DOWNS, FL - EVALUATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EXISTING WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM TO CORRECT HIGH IRON PROBLEMS.
- GULFSTREAM PARK - RO WATER SUPPLY AND TREATMENT SYSTEM, HALLANDALE BEACH, FL - PERMITTING, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF 500,000 GPD RO SYSTEM, FLORIDAN SUPPLY WELL, CONCENTRATE DISPOSAL, WATER STORAGE SYSTEM FOR IRRIGATION WATER SYSTEM.
- ISLANDIA WWTP, HUTCHINSON ISLAND, FL - PREPARATION OF REUSE FEASIBILITY STUDY FOR EXISTING TREATMENT PLANT.
- JENSEN BEACH INJECTION WELL, JENSEN BEACH, FL - PROJECT MANAGER TO CONSTRUCT TUBING AND PACKER MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING 10 INCH WELL. FIRST SUCH MODIFICATIONS SUCCESSFULLY PERMITTED AND DESIGNED IN FLORIDA.
- JOE'S POINT RO PLANT, HUTCHINSON ISLAND, FL - INSURANCE COST ANALYSIS TO ESTIMATE CURRENT SYSTEM REPLACEMENT COST AND CATASTROPHIC REPLACEMENT COST.
- JONES ISLAND 120 MGD WWTP EXPANSION, MILWAUKEE, WI - ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER FOR MAJOR EXPANSION OF MAIN TREATMENT FACILITY SERVING MILWAUKEE.
- JUPITER ISLAND RO WATER SUPPLY AND TREATMENT SYSTEM, JUPITER ISLAND, FL - PLANNING, PERMITTING DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF ONSITE WATER SUPPLY AND TREATMENT SYSTEM FOR GOLF COURSE IRRIGATION. 400,000 GPD RO SYSTEM.
- JUPITER REVERSE OSMOSIS TREATMENT FACILITY, JUPITER, FL - PROJECT ENGINEER INVOLVED DURING CONSTRUCTION PHASE OF NEW 6 MGD FACILITY. DESIGN OF 12 MGD CHLORINE STORAGE AND HANDLING FACILITY.
- MARCONA OCEAN INDUSTRIES, JACKSONVILLE, FL - STORMWATER PERMITTING FOR INDUSTRIAL SITE, WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT, SYSTEM DESIGN.
- MARTIN COUNTY ANNUAL ENGINEERING REPORT, MARTIN CO., FL - COMPREHENSIVE ENGINEERING SYSTEM REPORT ON BOTH THE NORTH COUNTY AND PORT SALERNO WATER AND WASTEWATER SYSTEM.
- MIRAMAR WWTP, HUTCHINSON ISLAND, FL - EVALUATION AND REPORT TO CORRECT SYSTEM DEFICIENCIES.
- MOORE HAVEN LABOR CAMP WWTP, MOORE HAVEN, FL - DESIGN OF MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING PACKAGE PLANT SYSTEM TO MEET PERMIT REQUIREMENTS.
- NORTH CO. GROUND STORAGE TANK, JENSEN BEACH, FL - PROJECT MANAGER DURING DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF NEW 3.0 MILLION GALLON PRESTRESSED CONCRETE WATER STORAGE TANK.
- NORTH COUNTY REVERSE OSMOSIS PLANT, JENSEN BEACH, FL - PROJECT MANAGER DURING DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF NEW $6.3 MILLION TREATMENT SYSTEM INCLUDING SUPPLY WELLS, PLANT AND CONCENTRATE DISPOSAL FACILITIES.
- NORTH COUNTY RO PLANT, JENSEN BEACH, FL - COMPREHENSIVE CIVIL DESIGN AND ALL PERMITTING ON 10 ACRE SITE FOR NEW FACILITIES, INCLUDING ALL SFWMD PERMITTING, NPDES PERMITS, FDEP PERMITTING, CONSTUCTION SITE AND PIPING PLANS, DRAINAGE PLANS, PUMP STATION AND EQUIPMENT DESIGN.
- OKEELANTA LABOR CAMP WWTP, MOORE HAVEN, FL - DESIGN OF MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING PACKAGE PLANT SYSTEM TO MEET PERMIT REQUIREMENTS.
- OSCEOLA FARMS WWTP, PAHOKEE, FL - PROJECT MANAGER DURING DESIGN OF NEW PACKAGE TREATMENT FACILITY.
- OSCEOLA FARMS CO., PAHOKEE, FL - CONTINUING ENGINEERING SERVICES INCLUDING STORMWATER DESIGN AND PERMITTING, WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT CANAL MODIFICATIONS, INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER PERMITTING, PUMP STATIONS.
- PALM BEACH COUNTRY CLUB, PALM BEACH, FL - PROJECT MANAGER FOR NEW 500,000 GPD REVERSE OSMOSIS WTP. PROJECT INCLUDED CONCRETE STORAGE FACILITY, FLORIDAN AQUIFER DEEP SUPPLY WELL AND ALL PERMITTING.
- PALM MEADOWS THOROUGHBRED TRAINING CENTER, BOYNTON BEACH, FL - PERMITTING AND DESIGN ASSISTANCE ON NEW TUNNEL COMPOST FACILITY TO TREAT HORSE MANURE WASTE FROM 1500 HORSE FACILITY.
- TARMAC, INC. SEVERAL SITES - STORMWATER PERMITTING WITH THE WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT ON SEVERAL BATCH PLANT SITES.
- TROPICAL FARMS WWTP, MARTIN CO., FL - PRINCIPAL DESIGN ENGINEER FOR DESIGN AND PERMITTING OF A NEW TREATMENT FACILITY.
- TROPICAL FARMS, MARTIN CO., FL - COMPREHENSIVE CIVIL DESIGN AND ALL PERMITTING ON 20 ACRE SITE, INCLUDING STORMWATER PERMITS WITH THE SFWMD, CONSTRUCTION SITE PLANS AND DRAINAGE PLANS, PUMP STATION DESIGN.